DAILY NEWS Sep 30, 2015 4:13 PM - 0 comments

GOLD: Barrick streaming deal and debt tender offer

TEXT SIZE bigger text smaller text
2015-09-30

TORONTO – Barrick Gold has closed a gold streaming transaction with a subsidiary of Royal Gold involving production from the Pueblo Viejo gold mine in which Barrick holds a 60% interest in the Dominican Republic. Vancouver-based Goldcorp holds the remaining 40%.

Barrick will receive an immediate payment of US$610 million that is will use to pay down debt. Royal Gold will purchase 7.5% of Barrick’s share of Pueblo Viejo gold output up to 900,000 oz and 3.75% going forward. Royal will also purchase 75% of Barrick’s share of silver production up to 50 million oz and 37.5% thereafter.

Ongoing cash payments to Barrick are tied to the spot prices of gold and silver rather than fixed in advance. Royal Gold will pay the equivalent of 30% of spot price for the first 550,000 oz of gold and 23.1 million oz of silver delivered. After that, payments will double to 60% of prevailing spot prices.

Separately, Barrick announced that it and certain of its subsidiaries have begun a cash tender offer for selected outstanding notes. The terms and details of the offer are available in the recent news release posted at the company’s website.



Horizontal ruler
Horizontal Ruler

Post A Comment

Disclaimer
Note: By submitting your comments you acknowledge that Canadian Mining Journal has the right to reproduce, broadcast and publicize those comments or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever. Please note that due to the volume of e-mails we receive, not all comments will be published and those that are published will not be edited. However, all will be carefully read, considered and appreciated.

Your Name (this will appear with your post) *

Email Address (will not be published) *

Comments *



* mandatory fields